Monday, January 20, 2014

TV News Spot Aired

So, on Tuesday, 2 Dec, Fox45 News aired the news segment the filmed on "Quilts for Heroes".   Hope you enjoy it...as we enjoyed doing it to share our story of quilting for our heroes.
http://youtu.be/4drJ83fu_0E 

We also received a wonderful card from a WWII two-time Purple Heart recipient.  He received one of our quilts and wanted to thank us.  Can you imagine?  HE wanted to thank us.  HE thinks we are special.  I sit here with tears in my eyes thinking of the pain and suffering he endured for us and shake my head...that HE would thank us for making him a quilt.  HE and all our warriors are HEROES and deserve so much.  A quilt, even with all the stitches of love and gratitude, seem so little to offer.

Last week we had the chance to see "Lone Survivor".  WOW!!!!  If you haven't seen it, I highly recommend it.  I think we all should see it.  It isn't entertaining, but shows a bit of what our heroes go through.  It shows their fight and honor.  It shows how they don't give up...they keep going even in the face of danger.  They do not shy away, they do not weaken, they do not run.  They keep going.  They keep fighting evil....for us and for our children.  I cried...almost all the way through the film, but I would gladly go again.  It's something we need to see.

We live in a small town that is home to a military installation, a DOD facility.  Hubby and I are retired from working there.  I retired after 37.5 years and Hubby worked for 39 years.  We get to go to the gym almost every morning now, when we aren't watching our delightful grandchildren; and sometimes stop to get a salad for lunch at one of several fast food restaurants in our town on the way home.  There is hardly a day goes by when I don't meet one of our heroes, grabbing a quick lunch before going back to work and I can't let ONE of them walk by me without offering my thanks.  And, you know what, it almost always brings a smile to their faces.  Such a little gesture, but, I've spoken to so many and they all say it means a lot.  Please remember, when you see one of our warriors, say "Thanks for serving our Country!" 

 



 

No comments:

Post a Comment